Brands and agencies that manage a brand´s social media and contents take into consideration certain figures, for instance: Number of fans on Facebook and number of newsletter subscribers that the brand has. We can increase the number of newsletter subscribers by promoting the subscription among our Facebook fans. We can achieve this by including a tab in our fan page with a short newsletter subscription form attached to it.
How can we create a newsletter subscription form in a Facebook tab?
Newsletter delivery service providers, such as MailChimp, usually offer a form to their customers, who can insert these forms in their webs, blogs, etc, in order to obtain subscriptions. This is a form similar to the one Clara Ávila from MailChimp has sent to us. We will use it as an example in this tutorial: El blog de Clara Ávila Newsletter subscription form.
- Since the form has its own URL, we are going to use the ‘External Content Tab’ app to include this URL in one of our fan page´s tabs. We sign in on Cool Tabs, access ‘Your contents‘ and click on ‘Create content‘…
- We choose the ‘External Content Tab’ app:
- Then, we fill in the new app´s basic data and the URL´s form just as it is displayed in the image below:
- Once we have completed the previous step, we will use the zoom in the event to adapt the form to the tab:
- We customise the form, save it and preview the tab. If we consider everything´s right, we click on ‘Publish to FB‘.
- As usual, we select a page where we want the form to be posted on and the publishing mode: Standard or White Label.
- Once it is posted, it will be displayed just like any other tab in the fan page. It is that easy! 😉